BeatDaOdds

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Agidimolaja Awo Ile Ife

It is interesting the way the word of our elders came back to me. Maybe because this week have proved more difficult than I really prepared for.

I have agreed to help a friend out with some money thinking that there is sufficient fund in my account. But checking back, I discovered that what is at hand was too small for my liking. Unfortunately, the rent payment is due and my friend from Iran has came down to UK thinking that I will be able to give the money he'll need for the next few days he'll be spending in Iran.

It was a terrible situation for me that I have to tell one of my dream company that I was not interested in the position they wanted to interview me for. This was a crazy situation but was unbelievably true.

Then, I remembered that instead of putting all this problem in my head, talking to my friends to shot me out might help. So, I started asking my friends to see if there is anything they can do. The first person I asked agreed to give me 150pounds. The second agreed to give me 200pounds. The third gave me 200pounds and like joke, the 750pounds that look like a very big money suddenly become a very small money.

I still have 200pounds more to raise in other to meet my payment obligation. I must nonetheless admit that the reality of how much a true friend worth cannot be quantified.

This funny situation made me to appreciate the proverb of our land:

Agidimolaja awo ile ife , Awo ni oun gbe awo nigbonwo, t'awo ko ba gbawo nigbon wo, Awo a fo, awo aya.

Eyin omo iya, ese ooo


Adeniyi Oladeji
It's a sweet thing to savour the beauty of the morning

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home